Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Plans To Roll Out New Search Console Early Next Year
In July, we first uncovered the new beta Google Search Console and SEOs and webmasters have been eager to get into the beta…
- Did Google’s Knowledge Graph Panels Algorithm Change Yesterday?
Yesterday, I did my typical search for a local business to get their phone number so I can call them to place a food order…
- Google On Chanukah Is Showing Right Number Of Candles On The Menorah
Google is showing the correct number of burning candles on their holiday decorations for the holiday of Hanukkah/Chanukah when you search for any keyword that triggers the Hanukkah holiday decorations…
- Google: Outdated TLS Won’t Hurt Your Rankings
The other day we reported Google started sending out new security notifications via Google Search Console around TLS upgrade requirements…
- Melissa Fach – The Search Community Honors You
This is part of the say something nice about an SEO/SEM series – feel free to nominate someone over here.
Melissa Fach, 43 years old, lives with her husband and two beautiful sons in Sarasota…
- Christmas Carolers At GooglePlex
Here is a video I found on Instagram of Googlers at Google standing in one of the lobbies playing Christmas carols for those entering and leaving the office. The video quality isn’t that great but yo
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Bing Lets You Build Your Own Ads-Free Search Engine Using Custom API, WebmasterWorld
- Google Announces Further Funding for the Digital News Initiative, WebmasterWorld
- Google Opens AI Center in China, WebmasterWorld
- Instagram adds Hashtag Following Capability, WebmasterWorld
- @Gonzoairlines @methode Yep – we’d see that as a soft-404, so it would be similar to how we reduce crawling for a 404 page., John Mueller on Twitter
- Google seems to be rolling out Search Results to knowledge panels – https://t.co/PUIXAQxmxG cc:@rustybrick, Sergey Alakov on Twitter
- I guess it just confirms that we don’t use domain authority at Google :-)., John Mueller on Twitter
- Is 2018 The Time For a New Search Engine for Non-Brands, WebmasterWorld