Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Official: Google Intrusive Interstitials Mobile Penalty Now Rolling Out
Google have of plenty of notice that yesterday, January 10th, the Google mobile intrusive interstitials penalty would launch on January 10…
- Google: Don’t Use Our Link Operator In Web Search
For over a year now, probably longer, the link operator, i.e. link:domain.com in Google, would not really provide the best results. Google’s Gary Illyes told us almost a year ago that the command is not gone but truth is…
- Google Says: iOS Users Can Scroll Away The AMP Top Bar
Tomo from Google said in an ongoing Google Webmaster Help thread about disabling AMP in search that last week Google released a way for iOS users to scroll away the AMP top bar…
- New: Share Google AdWords Negative Keywords Across Accounts
You can now share negative keywords across all your Google AdWords accounts. They just need to be linked to your manager account for it to work. This should help you save time when you use the same negative keywords a lot…
- Marissa Mayer To Step Down From Yahoo, While Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba
A day or so ago ago, via a SEC filing, we learned two things about Yahoo. First, Marissa Mayer will be stepping down and second, the company will be renamed to Altaba.
Marissa left Google, at her pretty high position there…
- Google Coaster
Here is a photo from Hank Chang on Instagram of a lego keyboard next to a Pixel phone, but also a Google G coaster. I think it is a coaster. Anyway, everyone needs coasters, no one uses them.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- A couple of questions about the Moon–it’s not quite as simple as you think!, Google+ – Dan Russell
- Official Guide to Click-to-Message Ads in AdWords: https://goo.gl/dLPLZp, Google+ – Google Ads
- Google Alerts Down?, Google Web Search Help